Friday 24 April 2015

Let's Get out of Here

London is certainly a most wonderful city - and as many of the tour guides say, they believe it is the best in the world - but I am not really a shopping and clubbing person so I am glad to be heading out to see some of the real English countryside that I have been hanging out for.

Our first journey was by train so off we went hauling our bags, still relatively empty, to the nearest Tube Station and down the stairs to get another train to Paddington Station where we could catch the next train to Bath.
We chose to walk to the Station which was not far but I do admit a little inconvenient with the bags as a cab to the station would have been close to about $60. 

Another disappointing coffee purchased ( must stop doing that) and had a look around to see if I could find the statue of Paddington Bear which is supposed to be somewhere at the station.

What I did see what the immense crowd of smokers standing outside the main entrance sucking on their last fags before they could enter the Station. I have to say that looke so funny.

We didnt wait too long and piled into the train - the ride would take about an hour but I realised that our reserved spots had me facing backwards which was not going to be good for my travel sickness. So I changed seats giving Gayle space to sleep and for me to catch up talking to my hubby and my girls for the whole duration of the ride.

We arrived at Bath to pick up our hire car - and headed into the city centre.

So amazing - just coming around the corner to see the Cathedral and the Roman Baths.





Again a battle for space and sanity amongst the thousands of tourists but what a treasure this place it!
I know I was seeing it but my head was having trouble taking it all in.
The cathedral was also stunning.



I did drop a coin into one of the spas making a wish that one day I would return and i could share all of this wonder with my husband. I am missing him not being here with me. It's hard to leave loved ones behind on a journey of a lifetime - but sometimes that is the case and all you can do is your best to share with them your experiences through photos and skype which I have been doing.





No comments:

Post a Comment